Followers

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Widgets

Infinity love knot ring process step by step with pictures!



     The infinity symbol is so popular these days I decided to create an infinity love knot ring! These sell like hot cakes so I wanted to share the process with you♥ Click here to check out the infinity ring I am going to show you the process of creating in this blog. http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/SparkleBlissJewelry/8219955/infinity_ring_sterling_silver_love_knot_ring/handmade/jewelry/rings
  To create this infinity loove knot ring I require a lot of tools. I have included a picture of some of the tools used but not all. I have included the basic steps but left out some key parts. I cant share all my secret with you LOL! So here is goes... my infinity love knot ring making process...semi tutorial!

To create this infinity love knot ring I use silver wire. I get all my tools ready. Here are some of my jewelry making tools for my silver smith work but by no means are these all the tools that are required to create the sterling silver infinity love knot ring.

Next, I get my sterling silver wire and start forming the actually infinity love knot! When I initially form the infinity love knot ring it is not perfect, but later in the process( after I solder it) I use my tools and create the nice loopy shape of the infinity knot.

Here you see me making the infinity knot in the ring.

This is the main top focus point of the ring!


Now that the infinity knot of this ring is made I get my steel ring mandrel and wrap it around the mandrel and cut the wire about 3 sizes smaller than I want the end product size to be.



Next, I have to solder the ends flush which just means flat so that I can solder the band of the ring together.


Here is me filing the ends of the of the wire flush with my miter cutting vise.

Once I have filed both ends flush I begin the soldering process!

Next, I push the two ends of wire past each other then slowly pull them apart until I have them touching flush together to solder. Here comes the fire!









Presto! That is the magic of soldering! I permanently bonded the two ends of wire together forever!




As you see the ring is left with fire scale. I have to remove this by "pickling it." I have a natural method I use. I look forward to sharing my natural method in the future on a youtube video. Click here to check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/iloveanabel730
Here I am putting the sterling silver infinity love knot ring in my heated pickling solution to remove the fire scale and other residue from the soldering process.
Now I let it stay in the heating pot until it is "clean."

Click this video link to watch the next process of  how I clean the fire scale off the silver naturally!


After I have cleaned the firescale off the silver I use Dremel  tool with a felt polish bit with some Mags & Aluminum polish to bring the metal to a shine and finish off by tumbling them. 

A lot of work goes into making the infinity rings but I LOVE what I do! Hope you enjoyed this blog please SHARE!!!!!!!!!

Click here to purchase this ring!


Check out my Youtube channel for more Tutorials

♥Friend me on Facebook♥

♥Follow me on twitter♥


♥Check out my BLOGGER Blogs♥

♥Add me to your circle on google +♥
Shelley Jovel

♥Cooking Tutorials♥

♥Beading Tutorials♥

♥Poymer Clay Tutorials♥

♥Resin Tutorials♥

♥Silversmith Tutorials♥

♥Photography Tips, Tricks and more♥

♥Funny Videos♥

♥Review of Products♥

♥Other Great Videos♥





4 comments:

  1. You are so good at making jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi admin,
    I have visited a immeasurable computing machine but you are the simplest that I even have ever seen, its very awful.
    Celtic engagement rings supply a singular vogue and temperament that cannot be found on alternative fashionable ring styles. Celtic rings contain terribly ornate and delightful, Byzantine styles that symbolize commitment and love.
    you can see here for lots of information: knot rings
    Best Regards
    Smart boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of their most famous creations is knot rings.
    When this trend started to design these rings in iron and gold but now these rings are becoming more precious by designing it in gold and silver.
    Take a look: knot rings

    ReplyDelete